Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bees everywhere...

The kids came running in the other day asking for my camera.......Of course, I wanted to know why as I was not handing over my camera over that easily......The answer was there are bees every where next door - they are building a hive in the tree.
Wanting to see this my self, I went out with my camera.....Yes, they were right - BEES everywhere!!!! I tried to get fairly close to their hive, but as I swell up like a balloon if stung, I wasn't taking chances. So, I changed to a bigger lens so I could get in closer without too much worry.

Wow......what an amazing site! A little skin crawling, but amazing!!!
By the way - they have packed up and left town now - I think they were just visiting.
Rach xx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

O.M.Goodness, a bit scary, we had some once but we had to get a guy in to move them to greener pastures, not something I want to experience again, I'm glad they moved on of their own accord.

Flinders Pony Club said...

WOW!! How many is that....i hate them..even the sound they make!! Could have been a problem if they hadnt moved!!